Posts for tag: Treatment
Foot pain is a condition that can plague many people for months or even years. Fortunately treatment for foot pain is available in many different forms. Many people are wary of seeking foot pain treatment because they fear the possibility of having to undergo surgery. Depending on what your podiatrist may suggest, however, treatments such as stretching, exercises, therapies, and joint manipulation may be considered as alternatives.
Anyone can wind up suffering from heel pain. If your heel is hurting consult with Dr. Greg Khaimov, DPM of Foot and Ankle Center of Fort Lee, LLC. Dr. Khaimovwill attend to all of your foot and ankle needs.
Causes of Heel Pain
- Heel pain is often associated with plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a band of tissues that extends along the bottom of the foot. A rip or tear in this ligament can cause inflammation of the tissue.
- Achilles tendonitis is another cause of heel pain. Inflammation of the Achilles tendon will cause pain from fractures and muscle tearing. Lack of flexibility is also another symptom.
- Heel spurs are another cause of pain. When the tissues of the plantar fascia undergo a great deal of stress, it can lead to ligament separation from the heel bone, causing heel spurs.
Why Might Heel Pain Occur?
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes
- Wearing non-supportive shoes
- Weight change
- Excessive running
Heel pain should be treated as soon as possible for immediate results. Keeping your feet in a stress free environment will help. If you suffer from Achilles tendonitis or plantar fasciitis, applying ice will reduce the swelling. Stretching before an exercise like running will help the muscles. Using all these tips will help make heel pain a thing of the past.
With the advancements in technology and greater knowledge of how muscles and joints work, physical therapists can turn things around dramatically.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our offices located in Fort Lee, NJ, Flushing, NY and Brooklyn, NY. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot ankle injuries.