End Your Heel Pain
How your podiatrists in Flushing, NY, can help your feet
If you’ve ever experienced stabbing pain around your heel, you know how it can impact your life. It can affect your ability to walk and perform ydaily routine. Now, you can end your heel pain. Your podiatrists at Foot and Ankle Center of Fort Lee in Flushing, NY, want to help you get back on your feet.
Athletes and runners often experience heel pain at some point, however, you don’t have to be an athlete to experience heel pain. Some common causes of heel pain include:
- Inflammation around your Achilles tendon and your heel
- Hard calcium deposits, called heel spurs, on your heel
- Injuries and bruising on your heel from stepping on sharp objects
One of the most common conditions leading to heel pain is plantar fasciitis, or inflammation of the thick band of tissue, which runs across your heel. This band of tissue is called the plantar fascia and functions to connect your heel bone with the base of your toes.
Your podiatrists in Flushing, NY, want to share some simple tips that might ease your heel pain.
You can try:
- Over-the-counter pain medications including Tylenol or ibuprofen
- Icing your heel 3 times each day, 15 minutes per session
- Stretching your arches and Achilles tendon several times each day
- Changing to more supportive shoes
- Using heel inserts
For stubborn heel pain that persists, it’s time to see your podiatrists in Flushing, NY. They can recommend effective treatments to end your heel pain for good.
Common treatments for heel pain include:
- Extracorporeal shock wave treatment
- Prescription pain medications
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises
- Custom made orthotics
Some severe cases of heel pain may require surgery to eliminate pain. Surgical intervention can often include releasing a portion of the plantar fascia by cutting the tissue. Surgical treatment is often done endoscopically by creating two tiny incisions in your heel.
Don’t try to deal with heal pain by yourself when help is just a phone call away. You deserve to live a pain-free life, so call your podiatrists at Foot and Ankle Center of Fort Lee with offices in Flushing, Woodhaven, and Brooklyn, New York. Find relief from heel pain by calling today!